Sunday, July 27, 2014
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Sunday, July 20, 2014
Attached are the flyers for the July 23 Community Forum that the NLG is co-sponsoring with the ACLU and Women Occupy San Diego. The purpose of the event is to allow the community - including us - to address the group that is "auditing" the SDPD (they are called PERF) and tell them our concerns about the SDPD. I strongly urge people to attend, listen and participate.
Friday, July 18, 2014
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Monday, July 14, 2014
[SDCPJ] Fwd: join us: The Humanitarian Crisis Facing Central American Children and What You Can Do About It ? USD Tuesday July 15, 600pm
Sent from my iPad
Begin forwarded message:
The Humanitarian Crisis Facing Central American Children and What You Can Do About It
Come to the "Humanitarian Crisis @ border discussion, learn the realities, hear the stories, what can you do" Forum @ USD this Tuesday @ 600 pm (arrive early to assure a seat) info below
You're invited to a public forum on the humanitarian crisis facing Central American children
The Humanitarian Crisis Facing Central American Children and What You Can Do to Help
Tuesday, July 15, 6-8:00 pm, the Institute of Peace and Justice Theater
The Trans-Border Institute will host a public forum on the nature of the humanitarian crisis facing unaccompanied Central American children arriving on our border, and what members of our community can do if they want to help to alleviate this crisis.
TBI Director Ev Meade will provide a general overview of the issue, emphasizing: how many children are coming and where from; what we know about the conditions they face in their home countries and in transit; and how the present crisis fits into broader global and historical patterns.
Distinguished USD alum Enrique Morones, Director of Border Angels, will discuss what we've learned about the perilous journey these children made to get here and how they've been received in our communities; the multi-faceted effort to provide social services, shelter, food, and clothing to these children here in Southern California; and how concerned community members can contribute to this effort.
Representatives of Casa Cornelia Law Center will explain the legal issues facing these children; their experiences in representing children at different stages of their immigration claims; and the broader challenges their young clients face in the United States.
A public discussion will follow. We welcome anyone interested in this issue to ask questions of our panelists and to share their experiences, in a spirit of enlightened civil discourse.
The event is free and open to the public.
We hope that you will join us.
Trans-Border Institute at Joan B. Kroc School for Peace Studies
5998 Alcala Park, San Diego, CA
KIPJ Suite 238
San Diego, CA 92110
San Diego, CA 92105
Saturday, July 12, 2014
Join members of Guerrilla Pride San Diego, Canvass for a Cause, SAME
Alliance, Black & Pink SD & more for a rAdiCal Queer contingent in the san
Diego Pride Parade! Happening SATURDAY JULY 19TH at Park & Normal Streets!
We are the chanting, political discussion sign queers in the march and we
want you with us!
Contingent Number: 152
Contingent Zone: KContingent Name: Canvass for a Cause
Parade kicks off at 11AM, so come a little early :)
RSVP with us here or just show up!
THIS YEAR'S THEME:
"Queer Community NOT Gay Capitalism!"
"Queer is not a brand! ~ Resist Pinkwashing!"
OTHER MESSAGING WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
"FREE CHELSEA MANNING"
"Liberation Not Deportation"
"All Bodies are Beautiful!"
"Misogyny out of our community!"
"Liberation NOT Incarceration"
"NO HETERO" ;)
"The Revolution is my Girlfriend"
"Respect My PGP"
"Queers Against Israeli Apartheid"
"Asexuality is AWESOME!"
"U.S. OUT OF IRAQ!"
"Bash the Binary!"
"Gay Inc., You Stink!"
"The Revolution is my Boyfriend"
"Sexism ain't OK, even if you're gay"
"Queer is hot ~ War is not"
"Fuck Your Box!"
"Intersex is Beautiful"
"Worker's rights = LGBT rights"
"One Struggle ~ One Fight"
"Pride Knows No Borders"
"Austerity Kills Queers"
"Drones Kill Queers"
"Stonewall was a police riot ~ FTP"
"Equality for ALL ~ Free Palestine"
"NO H8, NO WAR, NO Borders"
"Stop the militarization of our community"
♥ JOIN US! ♥
Friday, July 11, 2014
Thursday, July 10, 2014
[SDCPJ] Fwd: [AL-AWDA-San-Diego] ACTION ALERT: Protest against attack on Palestinians- Friday at 4pm in San Diego
Sent from my iPad
Begin forwarded message:
From: "'Zahi Damuni' firstname.lastname@example.org [Al-Awda-San-Diego]" <Al-Awda-San-Diegoemail@example.com>
Date: July 9, 2014, 6:09:13 PM PDT
Subject: [AL-AWDA-San-Diego] ACTION ALERT: Protest against attack on Palestinians- Friday at 4pm in San Diego
Reply-To: "Zahi Damuni" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Urgent San Diego Demo for Palestine this Friday 4-7 PM at Federal Building downtown (880 Front St. San Diego, CA 92101). Called by Al-Awda San Diego, The Palestine Right to Return Coalition. Co-sponsors so far: International Action Center, United Against Police Terror SD, Karama, American Islamic Foundation, Palestinian American Congress, SDSU Students for Justice in Palestine, UCSD Students for Justice in Palestine. Other organizations wishing to take part, please write to email@example.com.
From: Students for Justice in Palestine UCSD
Sent: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 8:18 PM
Subject: ACTION ALERT: Protest against attack on Palestinians- Friday at 4pm in San Diego
San Diego Protest Against Israel's Collective Punishment of Palestinians
This Friday, June 11th at 4pm!
Please attend this protest to demand the end of Israel's collective punishment against Palestinians.
This protest will be held in Downtown San Diego in front of the Federal Building on 880 Front St. San Diego, CA 92101. View the Facebook event page here.
Below is a list of people killed in Gaza in the past two days, our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. List of victims compiled by Al-Akhbar.
Tuesday, July 8:
1. Mohammed Sha'aban, 24, was killed in a bombing of his car in Gaza City.
2. Ahmad Sha'aban, 30, died in the same bombing.
3. Khadir al-Bashiliki, 45, died in the same bombing.
4. Rashad Yaseen, 27, was killed in a bombing of the Nusseirat refugee camp in central Gaza.
5. Riad Mohammed Kawareh, 50, was killed in a bombing of his family's home in Khan Younis.
6. Seraj Ayad Abed al-A'al, 8, was wounded in the same bombing and succumbed to his injuries on Tuesday evening.
7. Mohammed Ayman Ashour, 15, died in the same bombing.
8. Bakr Mohammed Joudah, 22, died in the same bombing.
9. Ammar Mohammed Joudah, 26, died in the same bombing.
10. Hussein Yousef Kawareh, 13, died in the same bombing.
11. Mohammed Ibrahim Kawareh, 50, died in the same bombing.
12. Bassim Salim Kawareh, 10, died in the same bombing.
13. Mousa Habib, 16, from Gaza City's al-Shujaiyah neighborhood, was killed along with his 22-year old cousin while the pair were riding a motorcycle.
14. Mohammed Habib, 22, was killed with Mousa Habib.
15. Sakr Aysh al-Ajouri, 22, was killed in an attack on Jabaliyah, in northern Gaza.
16. Ahmad Na'el Mehdi, 16, from Gaza City's Sheikh Radwan neighborhood, was killed in a bombing that wounded two of his friends.
17. Hafiz Mohammed Hamad, 30, an Islamic Jihad commander, was killed in the bombing of his home in Beit Hanoun, along with five of his family members.
18. Ibrahim Mohammed Hamad, 26, died in the same bombing.
19. Mehdi Mohammed Hamad, 46, died in the same bombing.
20. Fawzia Khalil Hamad, 62, died in the same bombing.
21. Dunia Mehdi Hamad, 16, died in the same bombing.
22. Suha Hamad, 25, died in the same bombing.
23. Suleiman Salman Abu Soaween, 22
Wednesday, July 9:
24. Abdelhadi Jamaat al-Sufi, 24, was killed in a bombing near the Rafah crossing.
25. Naifeh Farjallah, 80, was killed in an airstrike on the town of Moghraqa, southwest of Gaza City.
26. Abdelnasser Abu Kweek, 60, was killed in the bombing of Gaza's central governorate along with his son.
27. Khaled Abu Kweek, 31, Abdelnasser Abu Kweek's son, was killed in the same bombing.
28. Amir Areef, 13, died in a bombing in Sha'af.
29. Mohammed Malkiyeh, one and a half years old, died in a bombing along with his mother and a young man.
30. Amniyeh Malkiyeh, 27, Mohammed Malkiyeh's mother, died in the same bombing.
31. Hatem Abu Salem, 28, died in the same bombing.
32. Mohammed Khaled al-Nimri, 22
33. Sahar Hamdan, 40, died in the bombing of her home in Beit Hanoun.
34. Ibrahim Masri, 14, Sahar Hamdan's son, was killed in the same bombing.
36. Sumoud al-Nawasra, a mother, was killed in a bombing along with her two children.
37. Mohammed Khalaf al-Nawasra, 4, arrived at the hospital "in shreds."
38. Nidal Khalaf al-Nawasra, a child of unreported age, died along with Mohammed and Sumoud.
39. Salah Awwad al-Nawasra, was killed in the same bombing. His body was found under the rubble of the house.
40. Amal Youssef Abdel Ghafour
41. Ranim Jawde Abdel Ghafour, a young girl
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "UCSD Students for Justice in Palestine" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ucsd-students-for-justice-in-palestine.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.__._,_.___
Posted by: "Zahi Damuni" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reply via web post • Reply to sender • Reply to group • Start a New Topic • Messages in this topic (1)=================================================================
Onward, United and Stronger. Until Return!
Support Al-Awda, a Great Organization and Cause!
Become a Member Today: http://al-awda.org/membership.html
Over 108,000 members have joined The Palestinian Refugees Right to Return - Al-Awda Cause on Facebook. Join us if you haven't by going to http://www.causes.com/causes/1752-palestinian-refugees-right-to-return-al-awda
LIKE US on facebook https://www.facebook.com/AlAwdaPRRC
Unless indicated otherwise, all statements posted represent the views of their authors and not necessarily those of Al-Awda, The Palestine Right to Return Coalition.
- Mass Incarceration in America | VICE United States...
- Secular Humanism
- [SDCPJ] Fw: July 23rd Flier in English & Spanish
- [SDCPJ] Demonstration to End Israeli Occupation TO...
- [SDCPJ] Rick - 7/17/2014 12:23:58 AM
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: join us: The Humanitarian Crisis Faci...
- [SDCPJ] Labor program meeting at KNSJ Thursday
- [SDCPJ] !RADICAL QUEER SD PRIDE CONTINGENT!
- [SDCPJ] TODAY 4-7pm: Protest Against Israel's Coll...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: [AL-AWDA-San-Diego] ACTION ALERT: Pro...
- [SDCPJ] Anti-militarist Web site recently updated
- [SDCPJ] Material and physical support needed for r...
- Re: [SDCPJ] Overpass Light Brigade action
- [SDCPJ] FW: NEWS ADVISORY
- [SDCPJ] Overpass Light Brigade action
- [SDCPJ] Thursday, July 10, 3:30-5:30 p.m., Protest...
- [SDCPJ] Celebrate July 5th! Get your Discounted KN...
- [SDCPJ] Sat., 7/5, 7:30pm - Take Back the Night, N...
- The South Is Essentially A Solid, Grim Block Of Po...
- ▼ July (19)
- ► 2013 (459)
- ► 2012 (404)
- ► 2011 (431)
- ► 2010 (397)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)